Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nervous time...puppies!

Hi!! Abbie, Brandi's dog is having puppies!! right now as we  speak!! well as I type lol She had the first and only puppy at about 2pm its now 3:33!! How long does this take!!!   She had the first puppy out in the middle of the yard...like as if she was just walking around and then "bang" puppy! I heard a squeal and saw her licking and licking...i called and she wouldn't come...so at closer inspection the puppy was just laying there, head still up inside! yuck right/??? lol I helped...puppy not moving...and I was home alone!!! Well I cleaned and rubbed the puppies tummy until it started crying!! Abbie then got up and headed to her bed!! sooo now she looks content with just the one puppy!! but you can tell she is in labor, lots of panting and hard breathing going on... I will post pics later...and in the famous words from Blanche (Golden Girls)"I'm as jumpy as a vergin at a prison rodea!" lol
more later....................................

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I can only imagine everything going on your way....
    The only bit of advice I can share is something that happened to our dogs Mommy a few years ago.
    The breeder did everything at home and never had a problem with her dogs and puppies. But..this time there was a puppy left inside and she didn't know it. So if Brandi's doggie isn't acting right or herself...run immediately to the vet... I'd just feel better...
    Can't wait to see pics....Hope all goes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Great advice! Abbie is a young dog herself which makes it that more nervous for me and her Im sure. I just don't remember it taking hours in between puppies being born! Thanks so much for commenting!!
      xoxo
      Elsa

      Delete
  2. OMG! ... Puppies!... I'd be excited too!...
    Would luv to see the pics... Ttys Chica... =)

    Hugz,

    ღ ∫ℓ∂ηℓttℓ ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amiga! Yes so excited! 2 so far, one born at 2:30 the other at 4! both black! so excited hehe

      Delete
  3. I think it is lovely to be a part of your dogs birth. I had to help one of my dogs with her giving birth.It was so amazing. Enjoy the puppies...
    Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Oh girl it was a day to remember. she did so well and everyone is doing great! will have pictures soon!!
      xoxo
      elsa

      Delete
  4. Yipee! Very exciting lady! Hope all is going well! Can't wait to see pics! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was soooo exciting! you should have seen Brandons face when he saw the puppies...Priceless!
      xoxo
      Elsa

      Delete
  5. Oh my!!! Hope everything is going well:)) I had to do this with my dd's cat, only she tried to give birth on my lap!!! Eww! Can't wait to see some pic's! Good luck my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness on your lap!? lol Most of my dogs have given birth during the night and when I wasnt around, this was such an awesome experience!! I loved it!
      thanks!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. How exciting, I hope everything went ok, will be watching for pics Grandma.....he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny you call me Grandma cause Gabbie is Brandis dog so I called her and said..."Your a grandma!" hahaha! Gabbie made me a great grandmama! lol Thanks for commenting I will have pics up soon!
      xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment!! xoxo